This easy strawberry cake recipe is perfect for any holiday gathering, party, celebration or just because.
– Judy Sugiyama • Account Executive
Make the boxed cake mix according to directions on the back.
Pour the cake batter into a greased 9x13 cake pan and bake according to the box directions. When it is done take it out of the oven and let it cool 100%.
Once it is cool, use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke rows and rows of holes in the cake. Put the thawed strawberries with syrup into a food processor or blender. Pulse until it is a slushy consistency. Pour the strawberry puree mixture over the cake and spread it out evenly. Let it soak in. While you are letting the strawberry puree soak in, put 1 cup of cold milk and the instant vanilla pudding mix into a bowl and mix until it thickens. The box of instant pudding says to use 2 cups of milk, but we are only going to use 1 cup. Fold in the thawed Cool Whip. Once the pudding and Cool Whip are well combined, spread it evenly over the top of the cake. Take the fresh strawberry halves and place them on top of the cake frosting. I placed the strawberries in row, but do what you like best. Sprinkle on the optional chopped pecans. Now, pop it in the fridge for 4 hours. When you are ready to serve, slice it up and devour.
• 1 Duncan Hines Supreme Strawberry Cake Mix
• Ingredients Listed on Back of Cake Box (egg, water, oil)
• 2 (10 oz) boxes of Frozen Strawberries in Syrup
• 1 cup of cold milk
• 1 (3.5 oz ) box of Vanilla Instant Pudding
• 1 (8 oz) container of Cool Whip, thawed
• 1 pint strawberries (with tops removed and strawberries cut in half), thawed
• 1/3 cup chopped pecans (totally optional, but you’ll be glad you did)
© 2018 Copyright - GOLDEN MAILER, INC